English > Install & Configure jDiction

Jdiction 2.0 some css missing after switching language

<< < (2/2)

Harald Leithner:

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---Thank you for the fast reply.

I'm sorry, I'm not even sure why I thought this was related to Jdiction, must be the long week  :D

While I have your attention I would like to clarify some things;

--- End quote ---
No Problem

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---1. In itemview, when pressing on translate flag, should it take me to the tab of the pressed language, or will just the first tab get opened - http://imgur.com/QJTFXqK

--- End quote ---
No thats not implemented but a good idea

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---2. After adding translations, quite often I get yellow exclamation mark, instead of green check mark, and I would like to understand why, am I doing something wrong?  - http://imgur.com/UDJ0hsa

--- End quote ---
No the Yellow ! shows you that the native element has changed after the translation

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---3. This is not a big deal, but if I remember correctly, there should be a icon here - http://imgur.com/YZrYc2J

--- End quote ---
yep should be ;-) but I think I haven't done any code for it so no not a bug but not implemented

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---4. Inside a translatable item, is there a way to somehow copy content of the base language? There is a pop up with the base content, but it would be such a time saver if I could just copy the base content and use it as a referrence - http://imgur.com/n41qTuT

--- End quote ---
Click on the blue "I" it should copy the native text to the translation field

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---5. In jDiction check page I get these two errors
5.1. "Joomla Version 3.6.5 is unkown." - I suppose this is no problem

--- End quote ---
Not a Problem just a Info that I didn't have done any tests with this version. in Joomla 3.2 was a problem that was incompatible with jdiction

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 13, 2017, 05:35:37 pm ---5.2. "5 languages having not accesslevel public." - Not sure what to do about this, all languages are active.

--- End quote ---
The Accesslevel of the lange is not public so the language couldn't see by all people, thats only to give you a hint if you can't see a language in the language switcher.

wonderland:
Hello again,

2. I have noticed that quite often the yellow! shows up rights after adding translation even if no changes have been made to the native element.

4. I actually thought so, but when I press on the blue icon, nothing happens. I am using the basic text editor. But I also must mention that I am using k2 component (I did find a file somewhere on forums that allows to use jdiction with k2, but the file was quite old, maybe there is a newer version?

5.2. Where would one set language access level to public?

There is one more thing I wanted to ask, it's regarding "hiding untranslated content". I searched forum, but most topics regarding this are a bit old. Are there any news regarding this functionality?

Harald Leithner:

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 26, 2017, 06:49:32 pm ---Hello again,

2. I have noticed that quite often the yellow! shows up rights after adding translation even if no changes have been made to the native element.

--- End quote ---
The yellow ! only indicates that you have changed the original text and doesn't changed the translation.

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 26, 2017, 06:49:32 pm ---4. I actually thought so, but when I press on the blue icon, nothing happens. I am using the basic text editor. But I also must mention that I am using k2 component (I did find a file somewhere on forums that allows to use jdiction with k2, but the file was quite old, maybe there is a newer version?

--- End quote ---

It should copy the not translated string into the translation field but maybe it has been broken by a joomla update. (tinymce update)

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 26, 2017, 06:49:32 pm ---5.2. Where would one set language access level to public?

--- End quote ---

In the Joomla language manager

--- Quote from: wonderland on January 26, 2017, 06:49:32 pm ---There is one more thing I wanted to ask, it's regarding "hiding untranslated content". I searched forum, but most topics regarding this are a bit old. Are there any news regarding this functionality?

--- End quote ---

This can only be done by the joomla standard language system, in an article you change the "language" from "all" to (f. ex.) "en-GB" then will this article only be seen on the English version.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version