English > General Questions

Best Practice to change the Default Language

(1/2) > >>

aelias:
Hi jDiction Team (Harald),

I have to change the default language of my site. What is the best way to do this?

I've tried to change the joomla default language, but the outcome is not what I've expected  ??? . The translation is all gone and the site only shows previous selected default language for all languages.

I've also try the steps in: https://forum.jdiction.org/index.php/topic,853.msg3392.html#msg3392 :

--- Quote ---jdiction does only translate non default lanuages. The only thing you can do is to change the default language to english, export the turkish and english language, change the default language to turkish and report both languages.
--- End quote ---
and it's not working. I can only export the translation but not the default language.

So I want to ask you, are there any step by step guide for changing the default language? I will be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Regards

Harald Leithner:
You should be possible to export the default language...

I tested it on my site and I get the default language without problems...

aelias:
Hi Harald,

When you export the default language, was it through the jDiction export function or do you have to export the default language manually from the joomla database ?

Thanks.

Harald Leithner:
Using jdiction Export to CSV, Check the content of the Export es File please.

aelias:
alright. thanks Harald

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version