English > Install & Configure jDiction

Translations don't work

(1/3) > >>

Djole:
Hy everyone,

I have installed the latest version of jDiction (0.7.9.3) on my Joomla (2.5.7), that is all components (com_jdiction,  file_jddbproxy, lib_jdiction, mod_jdlanguage, plg_finder_jdcontent, plg_jdiction) from the package, and configured them as well. Installed languages for frontend are English (en-GB) and Serbian Latin (sr-YU). But it doesn't seem to work.

When I change the language in frontend my traslations don't change menus, titles of modules, translation of pages etc.
But it does change language of system messages like authors name, dates of modifying etc.

I have tryed everything I can remember of. The only way to make it work is to create double categories, double menus, double pages, double banners for each language separately. When I go to insert translation, in the article for instance, I have only one tab (Serbian), although the article has already been made for the Serbian language. I can't insert the translation for English language.

Translations simply don't work.

Please help with your suggestions if you have any experiences in the field.

Thank you,
Djole

Harald Leithner:
Hi,

2 things first didn't tested 2.5.7 by now, second could you give me a url and maybe admin access  (per PM).

then I may could help you.

Harald Leithner:
I need Superadmin rights to check database and I will jdiction.org to 2.5.7 and check if it schould work ;-)

Harald Leithner:
I found the problem, if your frontend language is not the same as the backend language it could cause a problem, because you used Serbian as your default language and translated it to english. But the flag for jdiction is for Serbian translation, thats a wrong behavior of jdiction but could be solved if you use Serbian language as default language in backend.

Djole:
Yeah! It seems to be working. You are a genious.
Thank you a lot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version