jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Permissions for restricted users to save translations  (Read 5101 times)

chrigigraf

• View Profile
Permissions for restricted users to save translations
« on: August 07, 2013, 05:03:07 pm »

Hi,

First of all, I'm very impressed of the features of jDiction, it works better and better with every version. Many thanks!

I use it on a site of a sport association with several zones for specific disciplines. There it is essential, that one functionary can only work in his category. I can solve that very well with the ACL-system of joomla 2.5, but there is a problem with jDiction:

When I edit a translation of an article or a category, the editor popup opens but without the button "Save". The only way to enable the button for a restricted user is to enable the "Edit"-permission in the global configuration for his user group. All the other permissions in the content or in the extension jDiction have no effect. In jDiction all permissions are granted for the corresponding user group.
Enabling the global Edit-permission breaks all restrictions, that is no solution.

On the other side, I can prevent a user from editing an article or a category, but the jdiction-balloon is still active...

Can anybody confirm this behavior, or is there a solution?

Thanks!

Best regards
Christian Graf

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Permissions for restricted users to save translations
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 06:15:29 pm »

Your are right, jdiction doesn't honor the ACL System very well...

Atm I'm programming a complex site where ACL is used, so you have a good chance that the next version will include ACL support.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

chrigigraf

• View Profile
Re: Permissions for restricted users to save translations
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 07:06:44 pm »

Sounds good, thank you!