jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Auction Factory and jDiction  (Read 7402 times)

Streamalex

• View Profile
Auction Factory and jDiction
« on: October 17, 2013, 09:25:24 am »

I currently use Auction Factory (www.thefactory.ro) to make an eBay-like website and would like it to be multi-langual. Therefore I use jDiction.

Everything seems to work fine except for when I try to access a category page where auctions is listed. Then the site crashes and I get this error message:

cannot calculate position of `cat`.`id` within msg.auction_id AND msg.userid2=777 LEFT JOIN jos_users AS u ON `a`.`userid`=`u`.`id` LEFT JOIN jos_bid_users AS ui ON `u`.`id`=`ui`.`userid` WHERE (`a`.`close_by_admin`=0) AND (`a`.`published`=1) AND (a.close_offer=0) AND (`cat`.`published`=1 OR `cat`.`published` IS NULL) AND ( a.cat IN (36) ) AND ( a.start_date<=UTC_TIMESTAMP()) AND ( a.end_date>=UTC_TIMESTAMP()) GROUP BY `a`.`id` ) AS allAuctions

This only appear when I try to view it with my "extra" language, not the one that is Standard. I have also tried to change standard language to the other one but it's the same. Therefore, it does not seem to be the language itself that it is the problem, but that Auction Factory can't handle two languages somehow, even though the developers of Auction Factory say that it should.

Unfortunately the developers don't seem to have a good answer to this. So I hope you have one instead.

Versions I use:
Joomla 2.5.14
jDiction 0.9.9.11
Auction Factory 3.3.0

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auction Factory and jDiction
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:12 am »

The problem is that the database query parser has a problem with the query, thats not the fail from auction factory, but they can sole it easily by rewriting the query to use jdatabasequery

alternative he could add "/* NOTRANSLATION */" to the query after the SELECT key word, looks like: "SELECT /* NOTRANSLATION */ * FROM table", but then the table will not be translated. Thats a problem because jdiction only touches queries where it possibly has a translation.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

Streamalex

• View Profile
Re: Auction Factory and jDiction
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 01:10:12 pm »

Thank you for your response.

I will speak to AF staff and check if they can fix this or if they know how I can fix it myself.