jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Several Configuration Problems  (Read 7953 times)

d4W

• View Profile
Several Configuration Problems
« on: May 23, 2014, 02:51:04 pm »

Sitting here and trying to get jDiction to work the first time on a J! 2.5.20. Took a looong time to figure out that the database driver has to be selected at the server configuration at the Joomla!-Configuration. A little hint on the check page would have been great. Same maybe with the following problems I have. Just a positivly meant hint.

Now it would be great to get forward faster. The first three things are ok. Then it says that 2 languages having no accesslevel and 2 langs having not accesslevel public. Must be the same ones, cause there are two languages installed only. The only place I found was Extensions -> Languages -> "A Language". There the accesslevel is public. So, what or where could I find the setting??

The last one says "At least one category has the language set not to ALL.", but when looking to the categories list at the end of each row in the column Language at EVERY language I can see "All". To be sure I selected "All" in "Select Status" (Don't know the correct English translation, because I'm working on a German system.)

Finally I can't get the module to work properly. Whith title activated I can see that it is shown because I can see the title at the module position but nothing else. I also can see nothing in firebug. So the things not shown are not hidden in any way.

Greets,
d4W

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Several Configuration Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 03:46:44 pm »

You are right, the checkpage didn't gives explanation how to solve the problem, thats on the todo list, maybe you would write some texts I can copy and paste.

Anyway did you read the documentation?

The language that is not set to public is the "content language" could be found in Languages. (see screenshot).

Maybe the checkpage find some trashed categories with a language not set to "all", but thats not a big problem its just a hint.

The module doesn't show any languages because there access level is not public.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

d4W

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 04:32:19 pm »

Hi Harald,

no, I couldn't find one. At the link I used I only found a page that said that the documentation will come soon. So thanks for the hint.

Hope I won't forget the texts as I think about writing them when I solved all my problems. To do that before makes no sense. ;-)

But until now I still can't find my solutions. I followed your link. Read all the instructions and had nothing to modify. Everything is configured correctly I hope. When I am looking into the different parts (Content, Categories, Modules, etc.) jDiction seems to be integrated into the system correctly.

Maybe the main problem is, that the module is not shown correctly!? Maybe then everything works fine. As said I only get the Moduletitle, nothing more.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 04:34:23 pm »

would you please make a screenshot of your content languages?
Vote at JED

d4W

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

You mean this one, right?

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2014, 04:49:12 pm »

You see "Zugriffsebene" is not "public".

As I told you:
The language that is not set to public is the "content language" could be found in Languages. (see screenshot).

Solution: simple open both languages and save it again.
Vote at JED

d4W

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:50 pm »

Aaaahhhh... That was really simple. Didn't understand you before. Sorry. Thanks for your help!

Now for the texts:

• Do you think about using links directly to the wanted administration area?
  • Library Version = Program Version Right? If yes, it would be easier to understand if you write "Program Version" or "jDiction Version" or something similar I think.
  • At the plugins I just would add the word "Modify" an link it to the plugins. If that is possible I would link to plugins filtered for jDiction. Or do you think a complete description how to activate a plugin is needed?
  • Same at the database: Link to Site -> Configuration -> Server | Text: Modify here: Database -> Type: "Jdiction_mysqli"
  • Languages: Use the text you use currently. After that: "Solution: Go to Languages -> Content. (Link it, if possible, there to.) Look at  the column "Access Level". If there is no entry at the languages you want to use, click on that language and look for the access level. Be sure the access level is "public". Then just save and close it. You also have to save without modifying anything if "public" is preconfigured.
  • Modules: Same as plugins if possible (Link with Filter) | Text: Enable here. (Or do you need a long version for beginners as asked above?)
  • Frequently Errors (Häufige Fehler): Text as it is. After that: "This is just a hint. Look here (<- linked) and check the languages you actually want to use. It's just important that these ones are set to "ALL"

That's my suggestion. But be warned: I'm not a native speaker. ;-) Maybe someone else has better suggestions.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »

Thx for you suggestions, I will consider them in the next update.
Vote at JED

d4W

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 05:56:11 pm »

Here in Germany it's currently modern to say: Da nich' für. I think you understand. ;)

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 06:22:23 pm »

bin Österreicher ;-)
Vote at JED

d4W

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 06:26:59 pm »

Ich weiß. Deswegen hab ich das ja auch so geschrieben. ;)