jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Error when importing to default language.  (Read 5954 times)

jstead

• View Profile
Error when importing to default language.
« on: September 10, 2014, 12:55:57 am »

Hi  Harald,

Before translating our website, we cleaned up or default language master exports (uk-english) as there were a few us-english items and errors. We then imported these in as en-gb overriding the core website content. (this worked for the menus, modules and k2-items xliffs, but on importing the article content, I get a white screen only showing [query, db error]. The exact xliff imports perfectly to any language other than the default.

Should I be able to import to the default language? or will these require manual updating?

Thanks,
Jason

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Error when importing to default language.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 08:15:02 pm »

it should work but its another method that updates the database. Do you have the error?
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

Kim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 05:06:44 pm »

Hello Harald & jstead, thanks for all your input so far regarding the xliff export, its been very helpful.  Now I'm struggling with the import function.

I am trying to import a xliff file that has been translated into Chinese and I'm unable to get any of the content to import, although it returns a successful import message.  Source/Target language is as follows " source-language='en-US' target-language='zh-CN' ".  The actual content exported out is set to language "All" (not 'en-US'), however in xliff it does state the en-US reference as mentioned above.  I thought perhaps this was part of the problem so in a development/staging site I repeated the import process, after having set some articles, etc. to en-US and this didn't make a difference.  Also, the translated xliff (a pseudo/test file) states "<target state='needs-translation'>" still.  I adjusted some of these to "<target state='state='translated'>", to see if this made a difference for a successful import, and still nothing came in.  Between the *** rows below I've included a small example of one of the <file.....></file> segments.  Please advise what potentially could be causing this not to import.

<file original='d102ad286dc756c82d15293f19c05464' source-language='en-US' target-language='zh-CN' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.2-git.62f6ab2'>
<body>
<trans-unit id='83.com_categories.category.edit.title'>
<source>
<![CDATA[Resources]]>
</source>
<target state='needs-translation'><![CDATA[牘䅐獲熉瓚牘㷿䅐獲]]></target>
</trans-unit>
</body>
</file>

Also, on a separate note, regarding translating the "titles" of categories, menu items, articles, etc., I'm wondering your experience with this as well.  I do not speak/read Chinese, however I do develop/maintain the Chinese web site.  If these titles are translated, I assume they are actually going to be listed in the CMS/browser address bar as the Chinese name.  Since I don't know Chinese this would make it very difficult for me to find what I'm looking for.  Is these where perhaps alias comes in?  Any experience/feedback you have on this piece would also be helpful. 

As always, thanks for any help you're able to provide.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 06:13:41 pm »

works fine after changing state to 'translated' with jdiction 1.3.1

jdiction needs on of these states: final, signed-off, translated

Code: [Select]
<xliff version='1.2' xmlns='urn:oasis:names:tc:xliff:document:1.2'>
<file original='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e' source-language='en-GB' target-language='de-DE' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.1'>
<body>
<trans-unit id='2.com_categories.category.edit.title'>
<source><![CDATA[Uncategorised]]></source>
<target state='translated'><![CDATA[牘䅐獲熉瓚牘㷿䅐獲]]></target>
</trans-unit>
</body>
</file>
<file original='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e' source-language='en-GB' target-language='de-DE' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.1'>
<body>
</body>
</file>
<body>
</body>
</file>
<body>
</body>
</file>
<body>
</body>
</file>
<body>
</body>
</file>
<file original='5b39c8b553c821e7cddc6da64b5bd2ee' source-language='en-GB' target-language='de-DE' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.1'>
<body>
<trans-unit id='8.com_categories.category.edit.title'>
<source><![CDATA[DEFAULT]]></source>
<target state='needs-translation'><![CDATA[DEFAULT]]></target>
</trans-unit>
</body>
</file>
<file original='05a671c66aefea124cc08b76ea6d30bb' source-language='en-GB' target-language='de-DE' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.1'>
<body>
<trans-unit id='9.com_categories.category.edit.title'>
<source><![CDATA[test]]></source>
<target state='needs-translation'><![CDATA[test]]></target>
</trans-unit>
</body>
</file>
<file original='references' source-language='en-GB' target-language='de-DE' datatype='htmlbody' product-name='jDiction' product-version='1.3.1'>
<body>
<trans-unit id='3.com_categories.category.edit.title' translate='no' approved='yes' extradata='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e'>
<source><![CDATA[2.com_categories.category.edit.title]]></source>
<target state='translated' equiv-trans='yes' state-qualifier='id-match'>REF:2.com_categories.category.edit.title</target>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id='4.com_categories.category.edit.title' translate='no' approved='yes' extradata='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e'>
<target state='translated' equiv-trans='yes' state-qualifier='id-match'>REF:2.com_categories.category.edit.title</target>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id='5.com_categories.category.edit.title' translate='no' approved='yes' extradata='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e'>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id='6.com_categories.category.edit.title' translate='no' approved='yes' extradata='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e'>
</trans-unit>
<trans-unit id='7.com_categories.category.edit.title' translate='no' approved='yes' extradata='9720dd213e6a63a1d6ac6d7b6e23bc9e'>
</trans-unit>
</body>
</file>
</xliff>
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED