jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Wrong title for JDiction translated content on Facebook (open graph settings)  (Read 6056 times)

Hjelptilhjelp

• View Profile

Hi!

I am using the JDiction extension to translate my content on a web site with a Joomla 3.x installation. My original language is Norwegian, and I use JDiction for translation to English.

I have a problem when I want to share content on Facebook.
When I am sharing a translated page (English) on Facebook, the title (og:title) on the shared content is Norwegian - but it should be on English.
In other words: The open graph information is fetched from the original/Norwegian page (e.g. "mywebsite.no/original-title"), although I am trying to share the translated/English version of the page (e.g. "mywebsite.no/en/translated-title").
The problem is only related to the "og:title" as far as I can see.

Example:
- The original/Norwegian title might be: Hvordan traumer former barnehjernen
- The corresponding translated/English title is: How childhood trauma shapes the children's brain

However: When sharing on the Facebook the result is:
- For the original/Norwegian article: The fetched og:title is: Hvordan traumer former barnehjernen (in other words correct)
- For the translated/English article: The fetched og:title is: Hvordan traumer former barnehjernen (in other words wrong)

Is there any chance that I could get a unique "og:title" for the translated URLs for the articles translated with JDiction, so that when I am a sharing a translate page the translated title is fetched be Facebook?

Any information on this issue is appreciated. Thank you for your response in advance!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:09:13 pm by Hjelptilhjelp »

Hjelptilhjelp

• View Profile

Hi again!

I found a solution for this issue. Using the sh404sef extension there is a possibility to edit Title and Meta data for each URL on the site. This means that there is easy to ensure that also the translated pages get the correct Title/Meta data to be fetched to Facebook.

In other words: this issue is SOLVED.  ;D

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile

What Plugin is adding the og:title to the pages? Because this should work out of the box
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

Hjelptilhjelp

• View Profile

Hi!

It might be that there is a general configuration error in my JDiction installation.

I have a general problem with the extension: On my computer it is translating the pages correctly (see screenshot below):

However, when I test how the site is displayed from e.g. tools.pingdom.com, the pages are not translated, therefore wrongly displaying the original non-translated version of the page (see screenshot below):

I have no idea why the translation process seems to work only on my computer.

Could you check if this page is translated to English: http://www.hjelptilhjelp.no/en/Grief-trauma-and-PTSD/how-childhood-trauma-shapes-the-children-s-brain

If it is not, this confirms that there must be some kind of error in how the Jdiction extension is working on my site.
If it actually is translated to English, how can it be that the Pingdom-screenshot is showing a non-translated page?

Thank you very much for your response in advance!

Hjelptilhjelp

• View Profile

Hi again!

I see from this post (http://forum.jdiction.org/index.php/topic,838.msg3307.html#msg3307) that there are some problems with JDiction and Joomla 3.4.1.

This might explain also my problems, so this post can be put on a hold until the JDiction is made compatible with Joomla 3.4.1.

Good luck with the work!

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile

I think I fixed the Problem with Joomla 3.4.1

The checkpage is important.

The Joomla Languagefilter Plugin must be loaded before the jDiction Plugin get loaded.

Please test the new version and report back, thx.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED