jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Jdiction and sh404sef problems in Jomres booking engine  (Read 6443 times)

liderjdiction

• View Profile
Jdiction and sh404sef problems in Jomres booking engine
« on: July 09, 2015, 10:37:39 am »

Hello Harald, Jdiction is great, correct what I consider a major flaw in Joomla and is staying on the same page to change the language.

The problem is that we work with Jomres booking system, if only activate Jdiction all goes well but if also activate the sh404sef extension and other similar extension to jomres "jpd_jomres_sh404sef" the problems begin, especially on the part of the administrator of property, links are not going to the correct pages and leave many 404 errors.

If only activate the sh404sef extension there are also problems.

Another problem is that in the latest update of Jomres forces the database is MySQL and MySQL (PDO) and Diction only work with Msqli.

We transfer the problem to support "sh404sef" and "jpd_jomres_sh404sef" and we suggest that the problem may be to Jdiction and probably have an easy solution.

Is it possible to somehow make it work ?. For our site it is essential that when changing language not return to the home page.  :'(

We can provide you with access to the test page if you have to check something.

Thanks in advance and greetings.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Jdiction and sh404sef problems in Jomres booking engine
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 01:30:08 pm »

jDictions does some magic to urls so it could use url translations, I think that could be a problem.

For this to work with custom extensions it's necessary to create jdiction support into jomres or sh404sef, I'm not able to do this at the moment.

Did joomfish work?
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

liderjdiction

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 03:13:22 pm »

Oooohhhh big problem.    :-[

It is a new site created in Joomla 3.4 and did not sample Joomfish.

Anyway Jdiction goes well with Jomres, the problem is when "Jomres, sh404sef and Jdiction" is combined.

Do you think you could have a look if you find any easy solution?

Regarding the type of database. Is there a solution?. Jdiction could create a kind of database "Mysql-Jdiction" or "Mysql (POD)-Jdiction or something?.

Thank you very much Harald, if anything happened to you, please e mail. A greeting.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 03:24:30 pm »

I didn't mean Joomfish, I FaLang ;-)

The Mysql Database Driver will be discontinued and removed in php 7 so it not a good Idea to do this.

the PDO driver would be possible but I don't think that this is the problem, I think joores would work with mysqli or not? They only check the driver wrong.
Vote at JED

liderjdiction

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2015, 05:39:32 pm »

Thanks Harald, I'll try Falang In a few days you commented how it goes. Regarding the database I will investigate to see if that is the real problem.

A greeting.

liderjdiction

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 11:27:51 am »

Hello Harald, testing with the connector on the database have found that if I choose "Mysqli" everything works correctly, the problem only occurs when I choose "Mysqli Jdiction".

So I do not think the problem is with Jomres because if I work with Mysqli all goes well.

Currently I have Joomla 3.4.3. Could that be the problem?

Regarding the problem using jomres sh404sef and I have not discovered anything new, just when I work alone with jomres, jdiction is perfect, but when active sh404sef no longer works well.

Thanks and regards.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

the database driver does the magic so, if you use mysqli jdiction is not 'really' active ;-)

could you give me a test account?
Vote at JED

liderjdiction

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 05:25:57 pm »

Hi Harald, I have sent you the access data for PM.

Thank you.  ;)