jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: jDiction for SP Page Builder  (Read 16976 times)

MarijnJ

• View Profile
jDiction for SP Page Builder
« on: February 16, 2016, 12:36:31 pm »

Hello,

I am using SP Page Builder to build the pages of my website. This allows to easily and quickly build the pages and makes it also easier for non technical people to edit the website. Inside the plugin you add rows, which you can divide into columns, in which you put addons (like text, button, empty space, carousel, video,  module, etc.). I attached some screenshots of the plugin.

Unfortunately if I want to insert a textblock, I still have to use modules for this, so it can be translated using jDiction. And then I have to insert those modules into the pagebuilder. So I'm going back and forth between the modules and the pagebuilder and this takes a lot of time and is also little confusing. It would be a lot easier if I could translate text inside the pagebuilder.

The problem is that the kind and also the amount of addons change on each page. Another problem is they don't have a own page for the view tag, you add them using a pop-up. I attached the jdiction.xml file I created. It allows me to translate the standard values, but not the addons and I have no clue how to do that. I was wondering if it is possible at all to translate those with jDiction.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Marijn

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: jDiction for SP Page Builder
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 12:50:59 pm »

Do you have a test Installation I could use ?
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:10:31 pm »

I checked the test page, thx.

But I think that will not be possible or better it would be really much work todo. Because jdiction doesn't have the concept of dynamic fields like SP Builder it can't mimic this layout easy.

Integrating the module translation into SP Builder has more or less the same reason. It has to be changed in the SP Page Builder.

sorry that I can'd do more for you.
Vote at JED

MarijnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »

That's what I feared. Thank you for looking into it.

MarijnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 04:36:08 pm »

It is possible to create or change addons for SP Page Builder. I was thinking that I could change the textblock addon so you can select the content language, or have a column for each language. Is the underlying language selection system hard to understand? My php is a little rusty, but I have learned it. Is it just a language identifier tag around a block of content, or is it more complicated? I assume if I build this, it has nothing to do with jDiction anymore . Maybe you could point me to some documentation so I could try to build this?

Cheers,
Marijn

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 04:42:17 pm »

jdiction doesn't have a api atm todo this nicely.

What you can do is to load it as Iframe. this could be done by simple this code to you template:
Code: [Select]
    <?php if (class_exists('jDiction')): ?>
      <?php echo JHtml::_('bootstrap.addTab''myTab''jdiction'JText::_('LIB_JDICTION_TRANSLATION'true)); ?>

<?php //jDiction Integration

jimport('jdiction.helpers.admin');
        echo 
jDictionAdminHelper::getInterface();

?>

<?php echo JHtml::_('bootstrap.endTab'); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

you can finde the code what it does in libraries/jdiction/helpers/admin.php

it will load a iframe for you with the translations, it has some options if id doesn't detect the correct values (which will be the case in your setup).

The basic thing will be your textbox needs a database entry (I think SB Build will create one) then you need the table and the id of this table and add it as parameter to getInterface();
Vote at JED

MarijnJ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 04:55:25 pm »

Thank you, I will look into this.