jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: joomla 3.4.8 and jdiction 1.4.2 issues with configuration and translations  (Read 17631 times)

sammy

• View Profile

Hi,
I am trying to translate my website to 2 further languages (total of 3 languages) so that the "source" language is English.
I test translated one article but the translation is not visible, I am not sure what I am doing wrong. (although all the flags are visible)
the check list is:
Test    Result

Version    

Library Version: 1.4.2
    Joomla Version 3.4.8 is untested.

Plugin    

Joomla Languagefilter Plugin is enabled
    Joomla Languagefilter Plugin is not the first loaded Plugin.
    JDiction Plugin is enabled.

Database    

jDiction Database Driver is not selected

Language    

Seam to be good

Module    

Module is enabled

Common mistakes    

The default editor is not tinymce, jDiction does only support tinymce at the moment.

my questions are:

I do not know how or where to to move the plug in (so it would be loaded first)
I am also not sure where to find the Database driver to choose it (if it is critical for the translations)
and I do not know if the tinymce editor lack of support has any effect when I want to manually translate everything anyway. (I am using the JCE editor)
I noticed that the Modules do not have the translations options, is that a bug? How do I translate the Modules with jdiction?

Thank you

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: joomla 3.4.8 and jdiction 1.4.2 issues with configuration and translations
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:18 am »

Hi,

I know docu is a bit old but still valid:
http://jdiction.org/en/documentation/installation/10-activate

The Plugin load order is only important if you have another plugin that get loaded before jdiction an loads the menu. (Some templates does this)

The Database driver is a must, without it translation is not possible.

jDiction will show you tinymce iirc instead of JCE.

You can translation modules, but only the "text only" module (I didn't remember the name maybe custom?)
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

sammy

• View Profile
Re: joomla 3.4.8 and jdiction 1.4.2 issues with configuration and translations
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 11:36:39 pm »

Hi
Thanks for the quick answer,
I found the database and now I can see my translations on the front end.
As far as Modules, I am mostly interested in translating the „Promo“ modules (Zen Template from ice theme) I added a screen print of the „module view“ I can see the language option but it does not look like the „article view“ (that I also added as a comparison)

Can I translate some of the Modules with jdiction? (Mainly the Promo one) If you need a reference for the template (if it is a „text“ module or not“) here is a link to the template demo:  http://demo.icetheme.com/?template=it_zen

I replaced a few menu buttons with image, I have the same for different languages, can I somehow point to those as opposed to the text? (so the image with the different language is shown) I was unable to figure out how to do that.

Thanks

Noa

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile

For modules the bestway is to use the native joomla multi language system.

copy the module and set the language it should be displayed.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

sammy

• View Profile

Hi
Thanks for the idea, it worked. It is more cumbersome to duplicate modules but I managed to translate everything in the menus and modules that I needed.
Now I just need to finish translating the pages (articles) and everything is translated.
Thanks again.
Noa