jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - joebarrus

Pages: [1]
General Questions / jdlanguage link bug?
« on: May 13, 2014, 02:06:35 am »
I have a problem with the building the link in the jdlanguage module.  This seems to happen when I navigate to a page using a hyperlink built to go to the article by id directly rather than through a menu item.  For instance, if I have a link built that looks like this http://mysite/index.php/es/282  where the article ID is used to render the article. 

I'm using jdiction 1.1.0 on Joomla 3.2.2

I debugged the issue and found in your jdlanguage helper.php code where it seems to be happening.  In the getLink() function on line 29 you define $active as

$active = $menu->getActive();

Then later you build the link under by adding the article id to the $query_sef[] array if $active->query['id'] exists but it doesn't exist because the active menu item wasn't used to navigate to this page.  Here is the code snippet in question on line 145

    if ($id) {
      $query[] = 'id='.$id;
      if (isset($active->query['id']) && $active->query['id'] != $id) {
        $query_sef[] = 'id='.$id;

since it never gets populated into the $query_sef[] array, it doesn't get added to the link when you build it on line 178
      if (!empty($query_sef)) {
        $link .= '?'.implode('&', $query_sef);

$query_sef is not empty as it was populated with the view variable which does exist in the $active->query array so it leaves the id out of the URL string.

The view variable is "featured" and because this is different than "article" it populates the $query_sef with "article"



Install & Configure jDiction / Installation not working
« on: August 25, 2013, 02:22:19 am »
I've installed the latest version of JDiction -
I'm using Joomla 3.1.5
I'm using Spanish language pack es-ES - from Communidad Joomla

1.  I see the translate flags next to content and can bring up the input pages.  But when I save, Joomla says content successfully saved but no content is saved.  I've looked in the database table _jd_store (the only one I find that I think is yours) and it has no entries.  I have set the database driver to jdiction_mysqli.

2.  When in Spanish Mode I click to a page that uses a Single Article as the content and my site goes into a never ending redirect loop between 302 and 303.  Also links to other components just don't load.   I'll try to install a different language pack using a different dialect of Spanish and see if that makes a difference.  It could be the pack I'm using.  But not sure if this should affect Symptom #1


Pages: [1]