jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  


jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: September 25, 2018, 12:21:55 pm 
Started by wonderland - Last post by Harald Leithner
I have a test version that should work at https://forum.jdiction.org/index.php?topic=1241.new;topicseen#new

 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:55 pm 
Started by frank - Last post by Harald Leithner
Would you please test the attached version?

 on: September 15, 2018, 08:26:20 pm 
Started by frank - Last post by frank
any news on the bug fixes?

 on: September 02, 2018, 11:04:52 pm 
Started by frank - Last post by frank
Oh and I thought I should point out that the jdlanguage module uses the relative urls instead of the absolute urls in the headers, SEMRUSH has issues with that and advises against using relative URLS.   

This was easier for me to fix. in the mod_jdlanguage.php file

 on: September 02, 2018, 05:35:38 pm 
Started by frank - Last post by frank
Thank you.

I think it would be better for SEO to query the document instead of the menuitem.     

 on: September 02, 2018, 12:38:28 pm 
Started by frank - Last post by Harald Leithner
I know this problem and try to fix it next week.

About the title of the meta tags I'm not sure if this is correct but maybe makes sense, problem I see is that I maybe don't have this information at the time of rendering...

 on: September 02, 2018, 01:51:16 am 
Started by frank - Last post by frank
Okay, I'm running into an issue with jdiction's jdlanguage switcher

if In the joomla language filter plugin, I set the option not to show the language code of the default language ( which produces a better looking url and improves seo IMO ) then the jdlanguage switcher helper will still try and remove the language code of the url with "JString::substr" but end up removing part of the url.

For example if I have an article under a category, let's say the url is www.test.com/12-category/article-title;

it will turn that url to www.test.com/sc/category/article-title for simplified chinese.. if you pay attention you will see that the id of the category has been truncated "12-",

if I keep all the tags enabled there is no issue, it will simply remove the "en/" part of the url instead of the last 3 characters of the base url.

There is another issue with the meta tags generation, the title attribute should not be the menu item but the article's title in the specified language.   

I'm a php newbie and would appreciate if you could help me.

Thank you

 on: August 31, 2018, 12:34:17 am 
Started by wonderland - Last post by wonderland

Thank you so much for such a fast response!

I'm just switching back to having language tag in primary language.

Will keep this in mind for the future :)

 on: August 30, 2018, 12:09:16 pm 
Started by wonderland - Last post by Harald Leithner

the problem is not so hard to understand ;-)

the reason is because you primary language (LV) doesn't use the language tag in the url. And the jdiction languageswitch doesn't honor this case correctly...

If you change this behavior in the joomla language swtiches it should work.

I will check this in jdiction but can't promise when I have fixed it.

 on: August 30, 2018, 10:00:03 am 
Started by wonderland - Last post by wonderland

I've noticed a possible bug with k2 and jDiction. I didn't notice at which stage it started, but most likely after last joomla and jDiction update. Currently I'm running joomla 3.8.10 and jDiction 2.2.2

The problem is with language switching within and item, categories work fine.

Here are some examples:
K2 Category view
If you change languages in this view (upper right corner), everything will switch nicely.

K2 Item view
If you change languages in this view (upper right corner), 404 error is returned.

The problem here is that, for some reason url is constructed a bit wrong, it is missing some characters when switching language. If you take a look at the url below:
This is the correct working url
But language switcher cuts some symbols from the url "/it"

What makes this problem very hard to understand, at least for me. Is that this problem occurs only when switching from Latvian (LV) language to others. If I use English or Russian as and then switch to other languages, there is no such problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10