jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: installation not working properly  (Read 6695 times)

jtorresdelrey

• View Profile
installation not working properly
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:41:56 pm »

Hi, thank you for your support.

I've been trying to make JDiction work but no luck so far... Basically, everything is installed and configured as on your documentation pages, but then when getting the Translate page, there is no "Published" dropdown menu. The translation is there, but I can never navigate to the content, and when selecting my other language from the jdicton language switcher, I get a broken link (if I am on English site /en/... I get /en/es/... instead of /es/...

I have installed Joomla 2.5.11b, and I am using the 0.9 JDiction package (I have also tried other prerelease packages).

To start with, after I have activated the Jdiction plugin (Installation phase on your documentation), I get this error message:

Notice: Undefined index: com_plugins in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2511b\libraries\jdiction\jdiction.php on line 270
Notice: Undefined index: com_plugins in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla2511b\libraries\jdiction\jdiction.php on line 247

I know I can hide these error messages, but I wonder whether this has anything to do with my problem.

Then, when I use the JDiction's Check utility I get: "JDiction Plugin is loaded at position 0 should be 1". I change order to 1, and the message disappers, though.

At the end of the process, the Check utility says everything OK (only that Joomla 2.5.11 is untested!).
I get many other error messages on Joomla, related to JDiction.

I don't get the JDiction > Translations subcomponent/submenu either!

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you
Jesús

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: installation not working properly
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:59 pm »

Hmm 2 things, you tested 0.9.9.3?

And would you please pm me an admin account so I can check the problem?
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

jtorresdelrey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:59:27 pm »

Thank you for your quick reply! I installed 0.9.9.3 and it seems to work fine now! The only difference I have found from your screenshots is that the "Published" drop-down menu does not appear in the Translation screen on top of the original one. It just gets published when saving it.

By the way, for a translator it would be ideal to have the original text side by side, although I know that I could just copy the original and then translate over or underneath each paragraph.

Another thing that might be confusing is whether it would be advisable to keep the same alias as the original one, or to translate it (I guess keeping the original one is more sensible).

Does JDiction support Joomla 3 yet?

The JDiction plugin position error still comes out after the Check, but this does not cause any problems.

I will test this 0.9.9.3 on more Joomla 2.5 websites and let you know if I find any other problems.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:29:06 pm »

Hi,

good to hear that 0.9.9.3 is working for you.

The Published option was in my early dev build while and did not get into release till now because this is a very complex thematic see http://forum.jdiction.org/index.php/topic,363.0.html if you like.

For translators it maybe better to export and reimport the content (hint: i'm searching for testers for the XLIFF support). But you ma be right that the original content should be displayed.

At the moment alias translation is only supported for the menu (since. 0.9.9.3) and should be tested too. Translation for the content could be tricky.

Joomla 3.x support is on the why I'm developing a 3.1 site atm with jdiction support and it looks good ;-)

the Plugin position error is only important if you have other plugins that needs the translation.

PS: If you have time vote or write a review on http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/languages/multi-lingual-content/21014 for jDiction ;-)
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED