jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Links to other languages  (Read 8357 times)

hosstapio

• View Profile
Links to other languages
« on: October 14, 2013, 06:33:12 pm »

Hi

I have a problem with links. Normal Index is like index.php/fi-FI/ but when I try to change language the link is index.php/de-DE/fi-FI/ and gives me following 404 error:

Die Seite kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil:

Ein veraltetes Lesezeichen
Eine Suchmaschine hat einen veralteten Index der Website
Eine falsche Adresse
Kein Zugriff auf diese Seite!
Die angefragte Quelle wurde nicht gefunden!
Während der Anfrage ist ein Fehler aufgetreten!

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Links to other languages
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »

2 possible reasons,

the language has not the correct access rights

or jdiction doesn't support xx-XX urls, if you change this to xx it should work.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

hosstapio

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 01:18:53 pm »

Hi and thanks for answer.

I think access rights are ok, all languages are set to public in Language manager -> Content languages. Should I change them in some other palce?

Now if I go to front page and click flag I get URL like index.php/de/fi/ (fi is default, de and en are others). If I disable SEO URLs the links are allright but there seems to be something conflicting with component SWMenu Pro:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'UnableToCalculatePositionException' with message 'cannot calculate position of '88' within '88'OR jos_swmenu_extended.moduleID IS NULL) WHERE jos_categories.published =1 AND jos_categories.extension='com_content' ORDER BY jos_categories.lft' in /home/basaarif/public_html/virrilaw/libraries/jdiction/database/parser/classes/position-calculator.php:188 Stack trace: #0 /home/basaarif/public_html/virrilaw/libraries/jdiction/database/parser/classes/position-calculator.php(204): PositionCalculator->lookForBaseExpression('SELECT jos_cate...', 338, Array, 2, Array) #1 /home/basaarif/public_html/virrilaw/libraries/jdiction/database/parser/classes/position-calculator.php(204): PositionCalculator->lookForBaseExpression('SELECT jos_cate...', 338, Array, 'sub_tree', Array) #2 /home/basaarif/public_html/virrilaw/libraries/jdiction/database/parser/classes/position-calculator.php(204): PositionCalculator->lookForBaseExpression('SELECT jos in /home/basaarif/public_html/virrilaw/libraries/jdiction/database/parser/classes/position-calculator.php on line 188

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:26:30 pm »

hmm, the sql parser is not perfect and has some Problems and the bigger problem the projects seams to be dead

http://code.google.com/p/php-sql-parser/

maybe we need a new one.

at the moment the best way is to ask the author of swmenu if he could rewrite the query to use JDatabaseQuery.

Vote at JED

hosstapio

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 04:06:56 pm »

Hi

I changed the menu system and now the parser works. But still there's some problems with links. You can see it yourself http://109.163.208.5/~basaarif/virrilaw/index.php

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 04:15:34 pm »

Normaly there is a problem with the languages, if you send me an super user account per pm I will look at it.
Vote at JED

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 04:53:46 pm »

Ok the problems seams to be the subfolder.

would you please rename the htaccess.txt to .htaccess

then you could activate the seo feature (without index.php/) and then it works.

jdiction has a problem to handle this, I will see how and when I could fix this.
Vote at JED

hosstapio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 04:17:33 pm »

Thank you very much.

One more question. I just realised that I have a form embedded in content and the normal link is index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4&Itemid=110&lang=fi (Ota yhteyttä) but changing the language on that certain page makes the link index.php?option=com_breezingforms&view=article&id=4&Itemid=110&lang=de (Ota yhteyttä saks). So somehow com_content has been replaced by com_breezingforms.

If I change the language in some other page and then click Ota yhteyttä saks in the main menu it works. It happens only when I try to go form Ota yhteyttä to Ota yhteyttä saks, or from any other language to some other language.

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 04:59:42 pm »

thats possible because jdiction has no good way to detect the correct link.

But this looks like if the breezingforms component rewrite the link to the forms and jdiction think its is com_breezingforms we are watching instead of com_content....
Vote at JED

hosstapio

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 09:21:14 pm »

I'll think some way to find a solution. Tell you if I can find one.