jDiction Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

jDiction 2.2.0 released. http://jdiction.org/downloads

Author Topic: Hiding source language, thumbnails extension compability  (Read 7397 times)

Grytolle

• View Profile
Hiding source language, thumbnails extension compability
« on: November 14, 2014, 05:15:07 pm »

Hi!

Thanks for a great extension. I had everything up and running (more or less, see below) in half an hour or so.

1) Is it possible to hide the source language from the translation window? In my case, the texts are first written in Dutch and then translated into English and German. Basically I would like to not be offered the option to input a Dutch translation of a Dutch source text.

2) Does anyone know of any good extension which is compatible with JDiction and which generates and caches resized versions of images? mgThumbnails seems to have stopped working for me after I installed JDiction.

(3) I made a little flag for the Belgian Dutch locale: )

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Hiding source language, thumbnails extension compability
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2014, 06:41:59 pm »

1) Is it possible to hide the source language from the translation window? In my case, the texts are first written in Dutch and then translated into English and German. Basically I would like to not be offered the option to input a Dutch translation of a Dutch source text.
Thats not normal, normaly the default site language get not displayed in the translation window.

2) Does anyone know of any good extension which is compatible with JDiction and which generates and caches resized versions of images? mgThumbnails seems to have stopped working for me after I installed JDiction.
Whats the problem with this extension? It maybe possible to write an xml file and to support this component.

The main problem is that jdiction uses it own flags for the language, but that flags are country flags and not language flags... so its will switch to the joomla images soon.
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED

Grytolle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2014, 07:35:00 pm »

Hi Harald,
Thanks for your quick response

Thats not normal, normaly the default site language get not displayed in the translation window.
Thanks, your remark allowed me to solve the issue. Normal Dutch (nl) was the site's default language, not Flemish (nl-BE).

Whats the problem with this extension? It maybe possible to write an xml file and to support this component.
I can't say much more than "it's not working anymore". It's supposed to automatically detect all images that have been resized, generate resized versions in PHP (or retrieve them from cache), display those, and make it possible for the user to click the resized picture to open the original in some kind of lightbox. After I installed JDict, I simply get the original pictures which are then just resized in the HTML tag (sometime seach pic is 2.4 MB, therefore).

Could you explain a bit more what you mean with write an .xml file, or point me to some resource?

Edit: Now it randomly works, so nevermind

The main problem is that jdiction uses it own flags for the language, but that flags are country flags and not language flags... so its will switch to the joomla images soon.
Oh, I like the flags :) And I got this one to work by simple placing it in /media/com_jdiction/images/flags/.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2014, 11:45:20 am by Grytolle »

Harald Leithner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 01:52:52 pm »

I can't say much more than "it's not working anymore". It's supposed to automatically detect all images that have been resized, generate resized versions in PHP (or retrieve them from cache), display those, and make it possible for the user to click the resized picture to open the original in some kind of lightbox. After I installed JDict, I simply get the original pictures which are then just resized in the HTML tag (sometime seach pic is 2.4 MB, therefore).

Could you explain a bit more what you mean with write an .xml file, or point me to some resource?

Edit: Now it randomly works, so nevermind

XML Spec: http://forum.jdiction.org/index.php/topic,600.0.html

But thats for translating a component any component that don't need a translation don't have to use this... So that should not need for this component...

May be sql query get borken by jdiction...
Joomla! 5.0 Release Manager
Vote at JED